Dangen Entertainment has confirmed that Iconoclasts will be appearing on Nintendo Switch on August 2nd. For those unfamiliar with the game, it's been the pet project of indie developer Joakim Sandberg for nearly seven years now. The game debuted on PC earlier this year before being featured in May's Humble Bundle.
Players take on the role of Robin, a mechanic who is desinted to change the face of the world. Billed as a loving tribute to Metroidvanias of old, the game features a deeply personal story that fans of Celeste will probably enjoy. Here's a short peek at some of the game's features:
- Hours of nut-twisting platform action-adventure
- Numerous densely detailed locations filled with fine-tuned action and puzzles
- 20+ gear-grinding, screen-filling boss battles stand in your way
- Three game-changing difficulty settings supported by a unique tweak system
- A heart-wrenching epic – can one mechanic fix the whole world?
No pricing information for the port was made available in the details, so it still remains to be seen if this is one of those indie games that will have an unexplicable Switch Tax added on when it launches. The game is available for $19.99 for PC and PlayStation 4.
Consider supporting Ninty Today by using our Amazon link to buy anything you need. We'll get a small cut of the sale that goes toward keeping you informed about the hottest Nintendo news and it helps keep the site ad-free.