Epic Games just released the Unreal Engine 4.20 update for game developers and it includes a lot of improvements that are aimed squarely at increasing performance on the Nintendo Switch. While these updates are targeted directly for the Switch Fornite version, all games that run on Unreal Engine should benefit from the changes.
- Support for Dynamic Resolution and Temporal Upsampling
- Low Latency Frame Syncing for Controller Input
- Significant CPU Rendering Optimizations
- Improvements to Threading
- Better Texture Compression
- Support for Memory Profiling
- Backbuffer support for 1080p while in docked mode
- And many other fixes!
If you're curious about the full round of changes for this new update, you can view them over on Epic's official Unreal Engine blog.
Consider supporting Ninty Today by using our Amazon link to buy anything you need. We'll get a small cut of the sale that goes toward keeping you informed about the hottest Nintendo news and it helps keep the site ad-free.